The accounting challenges faced in the charity and not for profit sectors are often unique and fast moving. Our knowledge and understanding of the charity and not for profit sectors allows us be more than just your accountants.
Our team of charity accountants not only provide advice in the key areas of accountancy, audit, tax and corporate finance, they also use their sector understanding to offer management and trustees strategic business advice and support services.
Charity accountants dedicated to supporting you
Our Buckinghamshire based Charity Team support a growing client base of more than 30 charities and not for profit organisations, including:
- Local, regional and national charitable organisations
- Environmental, arts and leisure organisations
- Churches and faith-based charities
- Social care and social enterprises
Our Partner-led service means that you will have a team member, experienced in supporting charities who will be on hand to offer proactive advice throughout the year. We aim to help you run your charity efficiently and to maximise the return from your funding and donations.
“Our audit has been a real pleasure. Thank you for the great way you are handling it.”
Meet the team
Follow the links below to find out more about our charity team members:
Majid Sadeghi, Partner
Majid manages a growing portfolio of charity clients and has advised a number of charities on implementation of SORP, internal control systems and procedures.
Other charity team members include:
Gemma Hart, Senior >>
Nicola Gladwell, VAT Consultant >>
Attend charity seminars
Our clients benefit from access to our Charity Seminar Programme, with seminars on hot topics including governance, tax, investments, auditing and more.
“It was a very valuable afternoon to build my knowledge as a trustee and I would definitely recommend attending the upcoming seminars.” Gordon Taylor, Trustee, National Rheumatoid Arthritis Society
Specialist accounting services for charities
Through our initial meetings and working with you to gain a deep understanding of your organisation we will tailor our services to your individual requirements. Our range of charity accounting services includes:
- Charity accounting, auditing, independent examinations, payroll and advice – including bookkeeping, reviewing and preparing your accounts, governance, reporting and forecasting.
- Complex tax planning and VAT implications for charities – such as Gift Aid, donations and grant funding, income from selling advertising space, charity shops and the sale of goods, fundraising events, income from social events and overseas donations.
- Compliance with the latest charity regulation – such as The Charities Act 2011, iXBRL tagging and guidance from the Charity Commission.
- Advising on accounting systems – and cloud-based accounting software
- Setting-up a new charity – including regulatory, taxation, and governance issues.
- Charity management accounts, strategic reviews and planning
- Advice on viability and restructuring a charity
- Internal control procedures and risk management