Technology and IT Sector Update
Get your FREE industry report for technology businesses
Technology, IT, telecoms and the sciences represent a broad array of disciplines, yet also share important commonalities and challenges.
In this sector update we bring together our industry research analysing key statistical data, as well as key developments and challenges facing firms in these sectors.
Access to funding is likely to remain challenging for biotech and R&D intensive firms, given the constraints on government spending and a lack of risk-taking by private investors. However, government initiatives may provide some support for the sector in the medium term. In particular research and development tax credits and the forthcoming Patent Box initiative may provide significant opportunities.
High speed change
Our technology and IT sector report includes:
- Research and Development Tax Credits & Patent Box – The Good, Bad and Ugly!
- Sustainable technology – why green IT is forecast to grow 3.5x faster than the wider IT market between now and 2020
- New tax credits being introduced in April 2013
- Trends and market performance in IT services, biotech and telecoms
- Consumer technology spending trends