Selling a business
Selling a business can be a difficult, emotional and time-consuming task. Having a team of experienced advisors on your side can help you maximise your sale value and secure your desired exit route.
Our specialist Corporate Finance Team deliver a comprehensive and cost effective service for owner-managed companies across the UK.
Our services can include:
- Exit planning – Understanding your future objectives and advising on the various options open to you to exit the business. Including succession planning, or the sale of the business.
- Preparing your business for sale – Accounting services to improve your reporting, systemising your business prior to sale or making recommendations to increase business value in anticipation of a sale.
- Valuing your business – We can prepare a realistic business valuation based on our accounting methodology and if available, combined with our research of other completed sales of similar businesses.
- Corporate finance support – From confidential negotiations with purchasers to advising on your sale agreement we can assist you at every stage of your business sale.
- Tax advice – Preparing your business for sale may require specialist advice from our experienced tax advisors to help you achieve your objectives. We can also advise on available tax reliefs such as Entrepreneurs’ Relief, which can reduce the Capital Gains Tax on your sale to 10% on qualifying assets (instead of the normal rate of 18% or 28%).
Why choose us?
- Hands-on transaction management, from concept to completion
- Effective deal structuring
- Strong relationships with other professionals who are experienced with business sales
- A wealth of experience gained from successfully completed business sales
- A team of professionals to guide you through every stage of the process
Contact us for a no obligation, confidential discussion on your requirements and how we can assist.