Inheritance tax planning and trusts
Have you planned how you will pass your assets to your children, grandchildren or other relatives? We can provide specialist advice on inheritance tax planning and set up and manage Trust funds.
Your inheritance tax planning
The most effective ways to reduce your inheritance tax (IHT) liability is through utilising the available exemptions, continually, over a number of years. When combined these can have a substantial effect, but the key is planning early.
Our experienced team can put together a plan based on your personal objectives and assets in your estate, that we help you work towards.
We take the time to understand you and your family circumstances and financial arrangements, to advise you as to the most appropriate route forward.
Considering setting up a trust?
As part of our inheritance tax planning service we may also review the benefits to you in setting up a trust.
Trusts are often established to protect estates and to minimise the risks and costs associated with future divorce settlements, creditors, long-term care and taxation charges. Therefore, they can give you more control over your assets and how your wealth is distributed.
We have significant experience in dealing with trusts and are able to provide specialist advice to help you set up and manage a Trust that is tax efficient, compliant and meets you and your family’s wishes. We also have good relationships with solicitors specialising in Trust work, should you also need this.
Our Trust service can include:
- Advice on whether setting up a Trust is right for you
- Advice on establishing and registering the Trust
- Acting in an individual capacity as your Trustee or Executor
- Preparing accounts for a Trust
- Preparing self-assessment tax returns for beneficiaries
- Closing a Trust and unwinding its tax status
- Assisting with obtaining probate – including the valuing of assets and changing ownership details
- Calculating and providing advice on Inheritance Tax due
Watch our Trusts – Frequently Asked Questions Webcast
Contact our team
Contact us today to discuss how we can help you with inheritance tax planning and/or setting up and running a Trust.